Effective Date: 1-22-10
NPOdev believes that electronic privacy is crucial to the ongoing success of the Internet as an educational, commercial, and service medium. This policy summarizes the type of information, including personally identifiable information, that we collect through our website and how we might use that information. By using our website, you consent to the collection and use of this information by NPOdev.
Collection and Use of Information
For each visitor to our website, our web server automatically recognizes and collects the domain name of your Internet access provider (but not your e-mail address), which does not identify you personally. This information may be used to improve the content and usefulness of our website and for marketing purposes.
We also collect, retain in our database, and use information voluntarily provided by you under the following circumstances:
- If you participate in an online survey, we collect non-personally identifiable information which will be used for internal and marketing purposes.
- If you request services, products, or other information through this website, we will collect Personally Identifiable Information from you, including Contact Information (name, title, company name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, fax number, and any other information that might facilitate contacting you) and Financial Information (credit or debit card number, bank account number, and any other information that might facilitate collecting payment from you), which will be used to fulfill requests for such services or products.
- If you register to submit or post messages in any forum sponsored by NPOdev through this website, such as a message board or chat room, we will collect and use your Contact Information for the purposes of maintaining your account in our system. Additionally, when posting messages on message boards or chat rooms, we will post your name (not an alias) with your message.
- If you make a donation, register for a seminar or order products through our website, we will collect Contact Information and may collect Financial Information from you to facilitate the registration process. We will provide your Contact Information, but not your Financial Information, to the speakers who are presenting at the seminar(s) you registered to attend. This is for administrative purposes and to allow the speakers to market their own products and services to you. To obtain the names of speakers with whom we shared your contact information, please submit a request in writing. We will also provide your Contact Information and Financial Information to third parties who perform marketing functions for NPOdev or provide us with additional information about your company. Our contracts with such third parties specify that they are not to use your Contact Information and Financial Information for any other purpose.
- If you correspond with NPOdev via e-mail, we collect your e-mail address and the content of the e-mail, which will be used to address issues raised by you or to respond appropriately.
In addition to the uses noted above, NPOdev may use your Contact Information to market our products and services to you and may sell or rent your Contact Information to others for marketing purposes. Please notify us in writing if you do not wish to be marketed to by NPOdev, Speakers, or third parties.
Affiliate Information: From time to time, NPOdev may obtain from its affiliates the contact information of individuals interested in industry information or services that we provide. We do not sell or disclose your e-mail address to a third party for purposes of marketing.
NPOdev may disclose Personally Identifiable Information in response to legal processes, such as a court order or subpoena, and any Personally Identifiable Information that you provide may be transferred in a merger, acquisition, restructuring, or other corporate transaction involving NPOdev or its assets.
Changes and Modifications
Products and Programs
NPOdev may add, delete, or change the content or scheduling of the products and programs presented on this website at any time without notice.
Security of NPOdev’s Website
NPOdev cares about the safety and security of your transaction(s) at our website. We redirect visitors to a more secure server to transfer and receive certain types of sensitive information, such as credit card information, and take precautions against physical and electronic intrusion to protect against loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from visitors to our website or from correspondence or other documents. NPOdev cannot guarantee the security of information collected through this website or stored in its data systems, the accuracy of the information posted on or accessed through this website, or that the site is error- and virus-free.
Updating Your Information
Upon written request, we will provide you with the Contact Information and Financial Information that we have collected and maintained about you. You can review and/or update this information by writing to us at the e-mail or postal address at the top of this page.
This website may contain links to other sites. NPOdev has no control over the information and privacy policies and practices of those websites and is not responsible for their content, collection, and use of information or freedom from error or viruses. It is your responsibility to recognize, by paying attention to your browser’s address bar, when you are leaving NPOdev’s site.
NPOdev does not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies advertising on our website. NPOdev is not responsible for any collection or use of information that an outside ad server may have collected from you.
This Privacy Statement forms part of the Terms & Conditions for use of this website. You should also review the Terms & Conditions as your use of this website and any dispute arising under this Privacy Statement is subject to the terms and conditions contained therein.